Peptides type I and III is made with the finest and highest quality natural ingredients.
Consuming collagen peptides allows your body to maximize the benefits that collagen has to offer. Our AnnBer™ Rejuvenating Peptan® Bovine Bio-Active Collagen Peptides are a pure and bio-active protein, derived from 100% natural sources and is free from any side-effects. These bio-active peptides contain more than 97 percent protein (on a dry weight basis). Their health benefits on mobility and skin beauty are backed by published scientific studies.
What is Collagen:
Collagen is the most abundant protein present in your body accounting for about a third of its protein composition that provides structure to much of your body. It is one of the major building blocks of bones, skin, muscles, tendons and ligaments. Collagen is also found in many other body parts as well, including blood vessels, corneas (white part of the eye) and teeth. You can think of it as the “glue” that holds all these things together. In fact, the word comes from the Greek word “kólla,” which means glue.
Peptan® Bovine Bio-Active Collagen Peptides is collagen that has been broken down into more easily dis-solvable amino acids. There is evidence that collagen supplementation can support skin, nails, joint and muscle health. Our AnnBer™ Rejuvenating Peptan® Bovine Bio-Active Collagen Peptides consist of Peptan® collagen type I and III. These have already broken the large protein down into smaller peptides, which are more easily absorbed in the body.
What does Collagen do in your body?
Different collagen types, different roles. In our body there are many different forms of collagen (about 16 types) and it’s found throughout the body, providing structure and support. 80% to 90% are either type I, II or III collagen. The fibril structure of each type is the same: three long chains of amino acids in a compact triple helix structure but at molecular level, there are important differences.
The four main types are type I, II, III and IV. Our AnnBer™ Rejuvenating Peptan® Bovine Bio-Active Collagen Peptides Shake consist of the two most important collagen peptides being I and III.
What does Type I Collagen do: strong skin, tendons & ligaments
Type I collagen forms the longest triple helices. This makes the structure of type I collagen extremely suitable to form strong fibre networks, that can be stretched without breaking. Those elastic structures provide support and flexibility to our body. Type I collagen is found throughout the human body: it makes up more than 90% of organic bone mass, as well as comprising a major part of our skin, tendons and ligaments
What does Type III Collagen do: skin recovery & elasticity.
Type III collagen is often found with type I. For instance, when our skin recovers from damage, type III collagen appears as scar tissue. It can also be found in our blood vessel walls, playing a key role in supporting elasticity
Your body does contain collagen, let’s have a look how it is distributed in our bodies.
Different cells in our body are responsible for the production of collagen. The cells use specific amino acids as building blocks for the long chains that are wound together to the large collagen triple helix. Several helices are then organized into the strong fibres that provide structural tissue support, flexibility and the ability to withstand forces.
- Our Skin: Collagen constitutes 70% of the skin’s dry mass content. A key component of the skin’s structure, collagen fibres provide the infrastructure for elastin, which maintains skin elasticity, and for hyaluronic acid to trap moisture.
- Tendons: Tendons are strong fibrous connective tissues that connect muscles to bones. During muscle construction the tendon’s role is to transmit forces and withstand tension. Tendons contain 85% collagen type I and proteoglycans.
- Joint Cartilage: Joint cartilage is made up of cellular building blocks (chondrocytes), which produce an extracellular matrix, consisting of collagen and proteoglycans (mainly aggrecan). Collagen fibres make up 70 & of cartilage and are responsible for its structure and strength, while proteoglycans serve as lubricant to the joint.
- Bones: Representing around 90% of organic bone mass, collagen provides the structural framework on which calcium and other minerals are anchored. Collagen fibres also provide bone flexibility.
When do we start losing collagen?
In our adult years, our bodies begin to produce less collagen. This process begins when we are around the age of 30 and accelerates in our 40s – leading to the inevitable visual and noticeable signs of aging. Collagen loss is a natural process, but other factors such as exposure to UV, pollution, and lifestyle choices can lead to early or more intense signs of aging.
How does collagen loss affect our bodies?
Because collagen is so important, losing it impacts many aspects of our bodies, let’s have a look how it impacts different parts of our bodies.
- Skin: Collagen provides firmness and structure to our skin. As collagen breakdown dominates over production with age, our skin becomes dehydrated and thinner, and signs of aging start to appear.
- Bones: As collagen levels and the content of minerals decrease, our bones get weaker. Gradually, this causes them to become more fragile and breakable.
- Joints: Aging wears and tears on the joint cartilage, reducing their well-functioning. This results in joint discomfort, making it harder for us to stay active as we age.
- Muscles: The loss of collagen by aging means a gradually less of it in the connective tissue that bundles muscle fibres into a strong and functioning muscle. Aging is linked to decreased muscle strength and function, which affects our balance, gait, and overall mobility.
Things That Damage Collagen
There are ways you can help your body preserve and protect collagen by avoiding the following collagen-destroying behaviours.
• Sugar and refined carbs: Sugar interferes with collagen’s ability to repair itself. Minimize your consumption of added sugar and refined carbs.
• Too much sunshine: Ultraviolet radiation can reduce collagen production. Avoid excessive sun exposure.
• Smoking: Smoking reduces collagen production. This can impair wound healing and lead to wrinkles.
Some autoimmune disorders, such as lupus, can also damage collagen.
Benefits of a Collagen Supplement
Our AnnBer™ Rejuvenating Peptan® Bovine Bio-Active Collagen Peptides have already broken the large protein down into smaller peptides (Peptan), which are more easily absorbed in the body.
According to studies, supplemental collagen may help improve skin texture and muscle mass and reduce osteoarthritis pain.
There aren’t many studies on collagen supplements, but those that exist show promise for benefits in the following areas:
- Muscle mass: A 2015 study in elderly men showed that a combination of collagen peptide supplements and strength training increased muscle mass and strength more than a placebo. (Placebo means a substance that has no therapeutic effect, used as a control in testing new drugs)
• Arthritis: Another study gave supplements to people suffering from osteoarthritis. They experienced a significant decline in pain over the 70-day study, compared to those who took a placebo.
• Skin elasticity: Women who took a supplement showed improvements in skin elasticity in a 2014 study. Collagen is also used in topical treatments to improve the appearance of skin by minimizing lines and wrinkles.
Some alternative medicine practitioners also advocate using collagen supplements to treat leaky gut syndrome.
How to Supplement
When considering supplements, you should look for a high-quality source.
Our AnnBer™ Rejuvenating Peptan® Bovine Bio-Active Collagen Peptides comes in a powder for that can be easily mixed with water, milk or smoothies. It has a strawberry & lime flavour which is very pleasant.
Interesting Fact all collagen starts off as procollagen.
Your body makes procollagen by combining two amino acids: glycine and proline. This process uses vitamin C to do so and this is the main reason Our AnnBer Rejuvenating Collagen has added ascorbic acid (Vitamin C) build into the (product) formulation. With adequate vitamin C supplement your body can produce more collagen and rejuvenate the body from within.
More information and added benefits on some active ingredients in Our AnnBer™ Rejuvenating Peptan® Bovine Bio-Active Collagen Peptides
– Beta-alanine enhances performance by increasing exercise capacity and decreasing muscle fatigue. It also has antioxidant, immune-enhancing and anti-aging properties. You can get beta-alanine from foods that contain carnosine or through supplements. The recommended dose is 2–5 grams daily.
– Vitamin C, also known as ascorbic acid, is necessary for the growth, development and repair of all body tissues. It’s involved in many body functions, including formation of collagen, absorption of iron, the immune system, wound healing, and the maintenance of cartilage, bones, and teeth.
– Fibersol,, digestion resistant maltodextrin, is a low viscosity soluble dietary fibre that clinical research has indicated helps support or maintain intestinal regularity. Clinical studies show that Fibersol helps to relieve occasional constipation and select studies show that it improves stool consistency.
– Zinc is a naturally occurring mineral. Zinc is important for growth and for the development and health of body tissues. Zinc gluconate is used to treat and to prevent zinc deficiency. Zinc gluconate may also be used for other purposes not listed in this medication guide.
L-Histidine is an essential amino acid that plays a role in protein building and is a precursor to histamine production. Because of this, it works to address upper respiratory concerns. Its anti-inflammatory properties help ease joint pain and stiffness, and its antifungal properties help ease certain infections.
– CoQ10 has been shown to help improve heart health and blood sugar regulation, assist in the prevention and treatment of cancer and reduce the frequency of migraines. It could also reduce the oxidative damage that leads to muscle fatigue, skin damage and brain and lung diseases.
– Moringa Yes our AnnBer™ Rejuvenating Peptan® Bovine Bio-Active Collagen Peptides contains Moringa as well. Moringa has many important vitamins and minerals. Moringa also contains protein, which means it is helpful in protecting skin cells from damage. It als contains hydrating and detoxifying elements, which also boost the skin and hair. Moringa also contains calcium and phosphorous, which help keep bones healthy and strong. Moringa is though to be helpful in treating depressions, anxiety and fatigue. Extract of Moringa has been shown to help wounds close as well as reduce the appearance of scars.
– Histidine Yes our AnnBer™ Rejuvenating Peptan® Bovine Bio-Active Collagen Peptides contains Histidine as well. Histidine is an amino acid. Amino acids are the building blocks of protein in our bodies. People use histidine as medicine. Histidine is used for rheumatoid arthritis, allergic diseases, ulcers, and anemia caused by kidney failure or kidney dialysis.
Safety and Side Effects
There are no substantial reports of side effects. However, you could have an allergic reaction if you are allergic to the supplement source.
Allergens: Citrus Allergy (Vitamin C), Zinc and Fibre Allergy.
WARNING: Discontinue the use where there is sensitivity towards any of the ingredients, If you are pregnant, diabetic or breastfeeding your baby please consult your doctor, pharmacist or other health care professional for advice before taking this medicine.
Disclaimer: Category D Medicine. Combination Western Herbal. This medicine has not been evaluated by the Medicines Control Council. This medicine is not intended to diagnose, treat, or cure/prevent any disease.
Submit your review
Ons is trots om bekend te stel dat die talentvolste Rudi en sy pragtige vrou Suzette Claase ook Ons AnnBer Rejuvenating Collagen Shake gebruik.
Me and my husband both started using the product together a week ago. It is an excellent product. I battle to sleep at night and I can already say that I sleep much better since started the Shake. Thank you, we look forward to a long road together.
Die Pragtige Tania Strauss, (sanger, liedjieskrywer, motiveerings spreker en kind van God) het vandag haar AnnBer Rejuvenating Collagen Shake ontvang en hier is wat Sy se:
"Ek voel vandag soos 'n celebrity!!!! Dankie AnneBer vir my Collagen Produkte! Kan nie wag om dit te probeer nie! Watch this space!!! Sal julle op hoogte hou hoe ek die produk vind! Kontak Annetjie vir bestellings! 071 612 5596."
Volg gerus Tania se Blad, sy het 'n groot passie vir wat sy doen.
Hierdie produk het my werklik weer nuwe moed vir die lewe gegee. Ek het baie erge graad van osteoporosis in my rug, bene en arms en was letterlik 24uur n dag in pyn. Annetjie het my voorgestel aan die kollageen en "wow" n maand later en ek voel soos n nuwe mens. My pyn is onder beheer en ek het bitter min pyn oor, ek het weer lus om te beweeg en weer nuwe hoop en lewenslus. Ek is ongelooflik dankbaar dat ek hierdie produk begin gebruik het en kan dit enige tyd aanbeveel.l
Thank you Annatjie for your awasome product. After MANY years of constant 24/7 kidney pain Im living without ANY pain since I started using this product. I can't tell you how grateful I am